The finishing should have taken an hour or so, but it ended up taking an entire day of very brief stolen moments. Sew a seam here, stop toddler from stealing baby's toys there, zip in another seam, feed a baby, and so on. But I did it! They're done! And I will write a full post with photos and details soon. For now, though, I am going to play along with Alison, who sent me the Honest Scrap award.
To participate I have to list 10 honest things about myself for your reading pleasure. I rarely do these, but I like Alison. ;) So, without further ado:
- I really like the color red, but my favorite color is green. For cars, however, I prefer white.
- I don't know how to drive a car with manual transmission. My husband does, and when we were young he drove me to school sometimes.
- In high school I was part of the "drama crowd" and played "Ophelia" in a "rewritten" version of Hamlet.
- I was one of a few students who could read and understand Shakespeare.
- I can also read music. I play the piano, started when I was seven, but I don't have a piano or find much time to tinkle the ivories nowadays.
- I worked as an in-house editor for two publishing companies and later stayed at home to work as a freelance editor for a handful of other publishers.
- I am very good at deciphering illegible handwriting.
- After publishing/editing burnt me out, I spent two years working at the front desk of a dental office, where we tinkled a different set of ivories. Thanks to that job, I know way more about teeth than the average person, way more than I ever thought I would.
- Speaking of teeth, I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I am a sucker for cookies or brownies.
- I often talk way too much, and with carefully crafted paragraphs I can turn a 10-things meme into a 32-things meme in a single breath. I type at least 120 words per minute.
Back soon with some crafty posts and some bloggy news....