June 23, 2009

The Honest Scrap

Well, it was a slow crafting weekend, what with my spider monkey children and all, but I did manage to finally finish the small projects I had in the works.

Sunshine WIP
The finishing should have taken an hour or so, but it ended up taking an entire day of very brief stolen moments. Sew a seam here, stop toddler from stealing baby's toys there, zip in another seam, feed a baby, and so on. But I did it! They're done! And I will write a full post with photos and details soon. For now, though, I am going to play along with Alison, who sent me the Honest Scrap award.


To participate I have to list 10 honest things about myself for your reading pleasure. I rarely do these, but I like Alison. ;) So, without further ado:
  1. I really like the color red, but my favorite color is green. For cars, however, I prefer white.
  2. I don't know how to drive a car with manual transmission. My husband does, and when we were young he drove me to school sometimes.
  3. In high school I was part of the "drama crowd" and played "Ophelia" in a "rewritten" version of Hamlet.
  4. I was one of a few students who could read and understand Shakespeare.
  5. I can also read music. I play the piano, started when I was seven, but I don't have a piano or find much time to tinkle the ivories nowadays.
  6. I worked as an in-house editor for two publishing companies and later stayed at home to work as a freelance editor for a handful of other publishers.
  7. I am very good at deciphering illegible handwriting.
  8. After publishing/editing burnt me out, I spent two years working at the front desk of a dental office, where we tinkled a different set of ivories. Thanks to that job, I know way more about teeth than the average person, way more than I ever thought I would.
  9. Speaking of teeth, I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I am a sucker for cookies or brownies.
  10. I often talk way too much, and with carefully crafted paragraphs I can turn a 10-things meme into a 32-things meme in a single breath. I type at least 120 words per minute.
I'm not going to tag anyone else, but why don't all of you consider yourselves tagged. If you participate, leave a link in the comments so we can be nosy and learn about you too!

Back soon with some crafty posts and some bloggy news....

1 comment:

Tweed Thoughts said...

Fun to read about you - I've been tagged again so I think I will have to do what you have done here and leave it open to all - good idea! (Very time consuming task!!) :D