December 8, 2008

A Lovely Little Break


I've only one major embroidery project left to complete for Christmas, but I have yet to really figure out the design, so I've taken some time off to work on a few quick things while I think/procrastinate. These are two ATCs (artist trading cards) that I made for my sister-in-law, who has recently started making them herself. I needed to keep them simple, in the interest of time, but I'm happy to say I love them anyway and have learned that simplicity can be good for me sometimes.

This one is embroidered on cheapo craft felt. I just designed on the fly, stitching as I went, and using a variety of stitches. It's called "New Path." I attached it to a second piece of felt after sandwiching a piece of cardboard in between to make it a little more sturdy.


This one is a digital image that I created in Photoshop. It's called "Fresh Start." It's printed on photo paper and attached to a piece of cardboard.


I don't imagine I'll take a lot of time to make these in the future, as my bookmark folder of project ideas is overflowing, but it was fun to do something on a smaller scale, so I might throw in a few here and there.

Next I am going to attempt to make some gift card holders using online tutorials. And continue thinking about the big embroidery project to be. Maybe.

1 comment:

Tweed Thoughts said...

Nice to take a break and recharge:) Lovely stiching!