April 2, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Signs of Spring
I've been a little stalled. With the return of more spring-ish weather, I've found myself driven to tackle a host of chores that have been begging for attention, a spring cleaning of sorts. We installed ceiling fans and cleaned and organized closets and made charity piles and gave the house a much-needed scrubbing and ran errands and tackled piles of "to-dos" that we've been ignoring for months (my son's baby book!) ... so on. It didn't leave time for much else.

I did do some crafting, however, completing the aforementioned baby blanket, and then a second one of the same because I realized I had two babies to give gifts for. The blankets probably take a total of 6-7 hours to whip up, but when you're only working on them in 30-60 minute increments, they can seem to take forever. I didn't take photos because they look pretty much the same as the first one.

Beyond that, I have been brainstorming a bit for my "big move" to a new and improved blog with the hopes of an eventual Etsy store. That led to some indecision, which led to me really coming to a halt creatively until I was able to decide some things. (It's amazing how a simple non-creative decision will stop me in my tracks artistically; there's a part of me that just needs unresolved things to be "in order" before I can feel freed up to move on with other, freer pursuits.)

Before I hit this crafting lull, I did create one tutorial to share, and I'll be posting that later today or tomorrow, just as soon as I get it tweaked to my satisfaction. In the meantime I have been sketching and planning, and after I cross a few more things off of my chore list, I'll be ready to dive back into the crafting for crafting's sake once again. I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Tweed Thoughts said...

Ah, crafting for crafting's sake - I'm sort of trying to get to that stage too, it's the best place to be : )! (I'm loving your new banner BTW!)

Emily said...

I get stopped in my tracks all the time! It's horrible.