February 18, 2009

Freebie Alert! Snowflakes That Stay on My Gingham Eyelashes

[Note: This post has been edited to sound more like the usual me and less like the overtired, whiny me who wrote the original thoughts. It's still the same, just a little less 'tude. For those who read the first version, my apologies!]

Because I haven't gotten beyond merely glancing at my pile of projects-to-be and thinking about them late at night after choosing sleep over creative fulfillment (so not like me!), I've decided to encourage others in Blogland to craft so that I might live vicariously through them. Stitchers, I give you ... my original Chicken Scratch Snowflakes.

They took quite a few hours to work up in a readable format, and if I was wise I would attempt to sell them before carelessly tossing them into the wide world of Internets as a freebie, but I am feeling generous (and too tired to figure out how to sell things). It is probably not that hard to figure these out without the pattern. Nevertheless, some people like to take all the thinking right out of it so they can get down to the crafting, and this--this is for you.

I've tried to be as detailed as possible; please do let me know if there's something I could do to make the patterns better, as this is my first attempt. Because these are so simple, they are not drawn to scale; these patterns are more guidelines or instructions for where to place your stitches. You'll see what I mean.

Each of the snowflakes can be found in stitched form on my flickr page. I have drawn them up as if they are stitched on the traditional gingham background, and as a result they look a lot cleaner and more precise than they may turn out in actuality, depending on your foundation fabric. Most of my stitched versions are a lot more free form because I didn't use a gridded background. I like them that way, but do as you wish.

And now, enough babble. Enjoy! (Click to download a full-size image.)

4 comments:

Tweed Thoughts said...

This is fab and an enormous achievement amongst all your other commitments. I'm off to tackle my laundry pile now :D!

Denise Felton said...

Fantastic! And so generous! I've scheduled a link to this post to go live on my blog later today. I hope it brings you a few extra visitors.

Denise
http://needlework.craftgossip.com

Patty said...

I have a gingham pillowcase and I didn't want to do the usual chicken scratch stitches on it, so this is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing them!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I think they're fantastic! I would love to photo-link to them in the Weekend Roundup if you didn't mind. I also love the title of the post!