November 3, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different



I'm still working on embroidery projects. Since I've been doing so many for gifts and making them to suit the tastes of the recipients, they're not necessarily my style. They're nice, and I'm proud of them, but they're not really "me." Because I've done so many in a row, I think I'm getting a little burnt out on this particular style. After the current project is finished, I should get to switch things up some (think blackwork and architectural design!), and I'm looking forward to it.

In the meantime, did you know I like to draw too? I discovered a few years ago that, besides drawing with pencil and paints, I really enjoy using the computer to draw and illustrate. I could spend hours and hours lost in drawing and experimenting--part of why I don't do it much anymore. It soaked up so much time!

Anyway, since I'm tired of embroidery, and you might be too, I thought I'd dredge up some old files for a change of pace. These were done for Illustration Friday, way back when. Looking at these again makes me want to get out the Wacom tablet. *sigh* After Christmas, I suppose.


3 comments:

Tweed Thoughts said...

I really like these - they have a lovely, whimsical quality. Great to do something completely different!

Jennifer Katherine said...

Oh, bird houses! Fun.

Anonymous said...

I so understand what you mean. It is hard I find creating for the sake of creating or because somebody else likes the design. I do get more satisfaction out of doing a design I enjoy otherwise it simply isnt worth doing. But I do it anyway to sell it etc. I hope you start to enjoy it and it does look fabulous.