October 4, 2008

And Off We Go!

Sometimes I like to torture myself by saying that I can't move on to something new until I've completed something in progress. I might want to do X, Y, and Z, but I am not allowed to start Y or Z until X is done. This is usually when I am having trouble completing X and would rather be doing Y or Z.


I suppose in some ways it helps me finish what I start, but sometimes it just completely stalls any progress at all. Since I don't feel like doing X, I just don't do anything. I've had that problem a few times with my crafty projects recently, and the worst has been the setting up of this blog. I have been working on other projects, but I have told myself that I am not allowed to post about them here or on Craftster until I get a suitable banner and design layout for this blog. So I have completed projects piled up and WIPs galore, but no posting. And I am going mad.


I finally took myself by the shoulders, gave myself a little shake, and said, "For goodness' sake, you don't even know why you're blogging or if you're going to keep at it, so just slap something together and get going. You can work on a new banner later." And now here I am. My intention is to make this a place where I can discuss my projects in more depth, maybe post more photos, and see how it allows me to connect with the crafting community. I don't know if I'll be good at this or if I'll keep it up. I don't know what it will be or what it will turn into. But I'm going to give myself permission to just see what happens. I'm trying to be better about that. In the meantime, expect design changes and new banners as the muse strikes me.

And, for a little while at least, expect loads of crafty goodness, because I have a backlog of things to post about--and I am in a fall-ish mood! (Can you tell?)

No comments: